Friday, January 26, 2007

Have you ever noticed that we make up, for ourselves, expectations of other people?

For instance, you meet this nice girl (or guy), and immediately you begin to put together a picture of who they are. What they like, things they do. Things they've actually done. How they feel about you. And rarely is it correct.

I've really noticed that lately. And I'm sure people put together this mental picture of myself, and I can guarantee that 90% of the time (or more) they're wrong. Dead wrong. They are so far wrong that if wrong was sand they'd be the Sahara.

I've been wrong myself, at least that much.

But I'd have to say, the worst bit... that's when it's not so much your mental picture that's wrong as the outside influences... "fix" things.

-me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home