Wednesday, July 18, 2007

To whom it may concern,

I know you, but I don't know who you are.

You are a wonderful, amazing, beautiful girl. Quite possibly the closest thing to perfection that mortality can contain. Oh yes - I know you don't think you are, but really, you are. You have such a beautiful smile, I just love to watch you smile. And that smile is always quick to cross your face, and it's contagious, too. Whenever you smile at me, I can't help but to grin, it even brightens my worst moods.

I'm not sure how tall you are, or what your body type is, but it's not that important. It's not important because we just "fit" together. Your arms fit just right around me, and mine fit just right around you. And that's probably my favourite place in the world to be. In your arms.

That's mostly it for looks, but you have quite the personality! I haven't discovered everything about you, but I know a few things. First off, you're absolutely impossible! You're stubborn, bullheaded, and if you want it, you're probably gonna get it. And even though I pretend to be frustrated, in secret, it really makes me feel good. It feels good when I have a driving force in my life, and you drive me... hehe, you drive me crazy, you drive me to love you, you'll even drive me the the hardware store. Secretly (or maybe not-so-secretly) you love that smell, too.

You're not at all afraid to try new things, and usually you drag me along with you. Even though I drag my feet and complain, I really do want to be there. Mainly because you are. I just love to be around you... when you're sad, my heart feels like it will break. When you're angry, I want to tear the world to pieces. When you're happy, I can't help but to laugh. And when you have joy, my heart just wants to burst!

I even love to argue with you - because it's really a lot of fun. You're one of the only people I met who really know how to argue. You know that the argument is never about the person - not me, not you, not anyone. It's only about the action or inaction or whatever it is. You never call me names, or tell me I'm stupid (but you'll tell me when I'm acting stupid! And I need it, and once I soothe my bruised ego, I love you for it). And you never ever ever bring up something that I did in the past, even a day before. That night, before we go to bed, if I have done anything to hurt you (and yes, I probably will, not because I don't love you, but because honestly I'm often an insensitive clod. I am really sorry I did something, but if I don't know your mind, I can't fix what I done dumb) you'll tell me what it was. If you even let it get that far.

You know that you have a great power over me, but you also know that with great power comes great responsibility. And that reference made you smile, at least. Nevertheless, it's a true statement. You can, with careful planning, make me do anything you want. But your goal is for me to be the very best boyfriend then husband, eventually father, employee, employer, and all around person that I can be. Which isn't to say you want to change me at all. I have that potential inside of me and you see that potential. That's why you even have anything to do with me... oh that and I do make you laugh - your sense of humour is about as twisted as mine. We'll hear something, look at each other, and burst out laughing. Such a delight! But yes, you see my potential, and you nurture and grow that. You help me become the man (or overgrown child that can pretend he's a big boy... I can't help it, I like my toys!) I am inside - not the... well I suppose man is what they'd say. Not the man that people (or even your mother) think I should be.

You have a fierce independence as well. But you still like to hang around me - not because you depend on me (well you do, but not because you HAVE to have me, you could make it on your own... but it sure is nice to have a goof ball around the house), but because I make you smile and feel loved, and you really just like to be around me almost as much, if not more, as I love to be around you. But you won't let anyone tell you what to do. If it's something that you desire, you'll do it regardless, but just because someone says, "Hey you have to do this." you don't just up and do it. You do it if you want to, even if it's unpopular, even if I can't understand your reasons. But I'll always support you, even if I think you're crazy. Heck, that's half (or more?) of why I like you so much :).

You also defend me, even if you know I'm being a complete dink and a half. It's also perfectly possible for you to defend me to other people - your parents, siblings, my parents, siblings - and then when we get home or in private, take me to town over what you know I've been slacking in. And I love you for that, as well.

I don't remember if I mentioned it, but you love to learn new things! Especially when we're learning them together. You understand that I'm not huge on talking about myself, but you have the ability to get me to anyways. You're just good like that.

Nothing really frightens you, except for losing me, and our children when we have them. Crazy weather, crazy drivers, guns, knives, swords, explosives... You're not afraid of any of them, but you know to treat them with proper respect.

You know you can kick my trash at pretty much anything - you are my better half, after all. But you usually let me win, and I know it and you know that I know it, but we both pretend that neither of us do.

When I jump out and surprise you, you get the most adorable expression when you scream. And then you punch me in the arm. Hard. And then you give me a probably too tight hug, bite me, and tell me to not do that. But you don't really mean it, and I did get you good. And you don't even get too angry when I laugh - because it really really was funny.

You just get me back. And I don't even get to hit you :P

You love music - it's a part of your life, like it's a part of mine. We often sing together, and it really doesn't matter if we sing like tone-deaf little weasels (well, I do sometimes...), we still enjoy the dissonance. If you didn't play piano when we met, you did start to take lessons, and if you're not pretty good by now, you're excellent.

You enjoy the outdoors, and art, and everything. You see life as a grand adventure, and treat it that way. And when I get all bleh, you cheer me up, or give me a swift kick in the rear, whichever is more prudent at the time. Or really, whatever.

I've only talked about a teeny fraction of you, and who you are. I've explained much of what I know about you, but there's still a lot that I know that I haven't covered.

You're just such an amazing person... I'm so lucky to have you. And it's gotta be luck, because it's nothing I did to deserve you... although there was that time I stole some chocolate...

Just kidding! Oh yes, and we tease each other in a very loving way. But that's only so we have an excuse to kiss and make up... hmmm and make out too, rawr!

I'll probably write more about you another time, but I'll let this stand how it is, for now.

I love you, my companion, my adviser, my confidant, my jester, my friend, my lover, my wife, and mother of my children. I'm not sure when you'll be those things, but you will be. And more.

I love you.

2 Comments:

Blogger aaron and brandie said...

awwww wayney poo! so cute!

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was so beautiful. I want to cry. You know who is writing. That's how I feel in a nut shell about whom ever is lucky enough to be stuck--I mean chooses to be with me. I can't wait to have that or a family. I can't wait to be with some one who lets me hit them and makes me laugh. Or any of that. You made my day Wayne-chan. Because I was having a bad day until I realized someone special is out there waiting to love and care for me. Someone to love me out loud and not be embarrassed to be with me. Someone to keeps me from falling off the empire state building into a giant pool.

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home