Thursday, September 27, 2007

A Short Story.

"Chinmoku-Chan", he said softly, "I... I'm not quite sure what it is that I'm trying to say." At a loss for words, Risou could only look at her.

It was a chilly fall afternoon, and the sun was low in the sky, the naked trees casting long shadows across the park where they met. Chinmoku was standing a few steps away from Risou, arms across her chest. Her eyes were brimmed with tears, and she said nothing, hugging herself against the cold.

Beautiful. For some reason the thought struck him as Risou looked at her in the light of the setting sun. A wry smile twisted his lips, Not that she looks any less beautiful at any time. Baka! Your head keeps running away like that, she probably thinks you're laughing at her or something! He thought to himself.

Softening his expression, Risou again spoke quietly. "Of course I care about you! Would I continue these efforts if I didn't? If I didn't care, I would walk away right now... but I can't ever walk away." Risou began blinking back the tears. "Baka! I can't ever talk about these things!"

Chinmoku tried her hardest not to smile. It was so hard because he was so darn cute when he got flustered.

Rubbing his eyes, Risou sighed and began again. "If you could only see how I felt about you, Moku-Chan!" Shaking his head, "But I just don't have the words. I don't think you're stupid... although you do some things I think are... not very bright." Chinmoku raised her eyebrows and put her hands on her hips. "Ahh... I do too... do dumb things that is." Sighing again and dropping his head, Risou said, "Look... you have a boyfriend already... I don't want to get in the way. Besides... I don't think I want a girl who would drop her boyfriend for the next best thing to come along... after all - what happens when the best thing comes along after me?"

Chinmoku looked thoughtfully at Risou, who looked questioningly back at her.

THE END!

I hope you enjoyed it...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home