Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Family Reunion!

To the tune of Waltzing Matilda:

Family Reunion,
Family Reunion,
who'll come to a family reunion with me?
We'll eat and we'll play, and we'll chatter till the sun goes down,
Who'll come to a family reunion with me?

---

Heh... I just wrote that right now for kicks and giggles. I could probably re-write a few verses as well... but eh, woooh whatever works ^_^

So, if you couldn't guess, a family reunion will be happening rather soon in my life. Specifically - tomorrow! w00t! We'll be leaving at 5:30 AM, hoppin on a plane (after who-knows-how-long through airport security blah blah blah... sandals are best!), and then doin some stuff in the afternoon. Mmmm, jet lag anyone?

Oooh, that reminds me I need to check the status on some holds I have at the library... ahhh... sad. New Moon was in transit, but I had to cancel. That's the /second/ book by Stephanie Meyer. Ah well, I'll just request it like two days before I get home.

I really look forward to her companion novel, though - the one written from Edwards perspective... ahhh, it's gonna be amazing!

I enjoy those kinds of books quite a bit. As a matter of fact, I'm currently reading a book by David Eddings, called "Pogara the Sorceress". It's a... later written prequel to the Belgariad series that I mentioned in one of my earlier posts that I really don't feel like hunting down and linking to.

I will, of course, have my laptop there, and I will probably be able to check mail at least once a day.

hmmm... 23 more minutes here and then I can head home, but swing by this gals house to pick up a bike for my little bro that I'm getting freecycled... they said all it needs is some new tubes, but that will be determined when I get the thing (sometimes people have kinda a poor idea of what a bike really needs. For those of you who would like to know more about how their bike works, check out Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance. It's an excellent book, and a great and rather entertaining read.

Well, I hope I was someone of an entertaining (or at least informative) read today...

stay tuned for more updates!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home