Thursday, September 20, 2007

To Whom It May Concern:

If you don't recognize what I'm talking about, then this is probably not about you. If you have to ask it probably isn't. But if you'd like to ask I will be sure to allay your fears by confirming that it's really not about you at all.

I'm not anti-You or bitter towards or about you. I'm sad, hurt, and you could probably say bitter, about the fact that you are settling for something that isn't even that good for you. And that's because of the MANY people I know who have just taken the easy way, and it's turned out horrible for them. If someone looked at the predictions I've made they might think I was prophetic... but honestly... well, I can explain it like this:

You look up and see a piano with rope wrapped around it, ten feet above your head. A similar looking rope is tied to the wall right next to you. What happens when you untie the rope?


The majority of people would be under the impression that this piano will fall on their head. Probably killing you.

Let's liken this to relationships, shall we?

The forces governing the relationship of that piano and you would be gravity, weight, acceleration, and friction. There's enough friction in the knot or hitch to keep the piano from falling on your head. When you remove that friction, the gravity acts on the mass(weight) of the piano, increasing its acceleration until it's stopped by your head.

For relationships you have the desire to reproduce, the desire to possess, commit, and be wanted/needed.

So if you get in a relationship with someone, you probably want to be committed to each other and wanted/needed. Some guys are like pianos above your head. Only some small knot, probably a slippery hitch really, is keeping them from dropping out of your life and crushing you. Or doing something that's just really not cool.

It's not a matter of "oh, we can beat the odds" when it's only one person who really even cares.

That's the problem. In my relationships, I've been the only one who cares, and they've left me for someone who didn't (usually).

You are your own person and need to make your own decisions. You can take what I've said and think about it and decide if I make sense. If I don't it's your responsibility to disregard my opinion on the matter. If I do, however, make sense, then you need to decide if you want to do what makes sense or do whatever you want to do.

And then you need to take responsibility for your actions.

If you want to make a decision, then make it. But make it because it's something that you want, not because it's something someone else wants. To borrow a line from Dumbledore... sometimes it's not between right and wrong, but between what is right, and what is easy. Heck, sometimes even the right way is the easy way.

I don't profess to know everything, if I did, I'd figure out who I'm supposed to marry and get in a relationship or something with her already. Then when I see people I care about doing stupid things, I can just shake my head and say, "That's too bad." Because I won't have anything to lose.

Meh... I'm 100% sure I'm making very little sense, but I'm tired and want a nap. Math class drained the heck out of me. I'm not sure what those theorems have to do with finding zeros or why it's ever going to be important... I really do wish I could figure that one out. Maybe it's just the logical process? I'm really not sure.

I just know I'm about to pass out. Too bad we have a meeting later. :P

To everyone reading this, I'm fairly certain I care about you. If I know you then I know I do.

To the one that this concerns, I certainly care for you and I don't want to see you like the many girls I know - hurt and friendless. Except for me who has too big of a heart. But what's gonna happen when my heart belongs to someone...?

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel as if I should be paying you money when I read your posts. But you do always bring up and discuss vaild points about relationships and life in general. So, meh, IDK.

Shleepy...:)

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home