Sunday, July 29, 2007

Yesterday

All my troubles seemed so far away... oh wait.

When I refer to yesterday, I either mean yesterday, or the last time I wrote in here. Or both as the case may be.

So yesterday, I talked about the what, today I'll talk about the why.

If you've been keeping up, you know how I feel about physical relationships before marriage, and now I'll go into the why. There's really a lot of background info so I'll do my best to explain what needs explaining.

We learn from the scriptures that the LORD God felt it was not good for man to be alone (Genesis 2:18), and a man shall leave his father and mother and shall cleave unto his wife (Genesis 2:24).

According to the 1913 Webster's dictionary, cleave means "to adhere closely; to stick; to hold fast; to cling." And they should be one flesh.

Now... I could go on and on throughout various scriptures that explain it, but there are basically two purposes for the physical relationships between a man and woman. One is to procreate - make babies, whatever you want to call it. Again in the 1913 Webster's, replenish is "2. To finish; to complete; to perfect." Well, you may be curious - why would God give that command to Adam - to finish, complete, or perfect the earth, and how does that mean have kids?

For that you have to know the purpose of God. The easiest place I can refer you to is Moses 1:39 where he says, "Behold, this is my work and my glory, to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." And John 19:30 we read that "[Jesus] said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost." What was finished? The work his father had given him to do. Which was to be an example, the authour and finisher of our faith, to show us the way that we may gain immortality and eternal life.

So what the heck does that have to do with having kids? Well, we had to have a place that we could walk by faith, not by sight, that we could obey the commandments of God. We were able to come to this earth and learn what we need to know and do. Ehh... there's a whole ton of things I'd have to go through to really explain in depth. So you can either take in on faith that I have some idea of what I'm talking about, or you can leave a comment that you'd like some explanation on some certain point.

Well, procreation is to complete the purposes of God, to bring all of His children to the earth.

The other purpose of those relations is one of the names it's called by - making love. As a husband and wife express their emotions towards one another in that way, it can increase their love for each other... there are plenty of reasons for that, too, but I don't have time for that, if you'd like further explanation - leave a comment!

So... I've been kinda hampered by my time constraints and pure laziness, but I hope this was of some education to you.

If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment and I'll explain as best I can.

Now you know why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home